Thursday, February 26, 2009

Hemi Valve covers of... well... the YEAR!

Notice anything different about these Chrysler IMPERIAL valve covers??














Few extra lumps there... right? These covers are one-off covers that were stamped just for Steve Wright. The 392 Chrysler Imperial was available in 1957 and 1958. They were not offered with solid lifters and adjustable rocker assemblies. The "dimples" were only seen on Chrysler 300 covers, Industrial engines and Marine engines... (to the best of my knowledge anyway). The dimples provided clearance for the adjustable rockers used with solid lifter valve trains.

That's my fun fact for the day.

Oh... if I'm wrong, please tell me so I don't feel like an idiot AND so I can get my facts straight. HAHA! Thanks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would like to see the inside of those covers. I have rebuilt several sets now... about 50... and probably could tell you if they are genuine or not. There are many tell-tale marks on the outside too, but polishing for chrome wipes them out. The inside does not get altered.