Monday, July 12, 2010

Built a Tubing Roller Stand

My good buddy Dan has been a huge help while building this car. I've been planning on building a Hoop style Rotisserie to do the final frame and body work on the Model A and I needed to roll a couple hoops from 1-1/2" tubing to make it happen. Dan leant me his HF Tubing Roller to roll the hoops. I didn't have bench space to mount it to so I built him a stand to go with it. Simple and made from some materials I already had.

BIG thanks out to Dan!



Materials I had...



Bend up some legs...



Square up the top mounting plate...



The puzzle pieces...



Start welding it all together...








Add some gussets for leg strength... (who said they couldn't be fancy??)




The finished product...



2 comments:

bobx said...

nice

Unknown said...

Looks sick! You're a pro, dude!