Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Spitfire Simulator - Constructed at home!

A long time ago, I was looking for ideas for seats for a hot rod that I'm building. I somehow stumbled on a website of a guy building a WWII Spitfire Simulator from old blue prints that he has purchased. He was building with primitive tools and building to FULL SCALE! Thought maybe you guys might enjoy having a look through his work. Pretty cool what can be done with a little vision and some tools.

http://simhardware.org/index.html

Although I haven't seen an update since 2007, it sure is a cool to flip through. I personally think that a lot of the build techniques might be of interest to the hobbyist that is building something with a WWII era vibe, or simply just building an early lakes racer.

Now I wonder what it would take to build the rest....





No comments: