Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Learn to Fabricate - Places I Like!

Okay, so as most of you know, I'm into a lot of different types of stuff.  My background has always been traditional hot rods and the likes, but as some of you may have noticed I post a lot of different types of cars here.  Yes, I know.  "Too many Porsches" (I can view traffic sources).  I have an early 911, so I'm always digging early Porsche stuff.  OOPS!  Well, the point is being missed, I think.  I'm a car lover in general.  ALL TYPES!  I just love cars and their history.  But the REASON I like so many different types of cars is because of how a lot of them are BUILT!

This Blog/Website is really about celebrating automotive inspiration for the people who really appreciate and "GET" building things.  Specifically mechanical things related to cars.  So hopefully I'm opening a few doors for people to appreciate all things automotive, in this world.  And I especially appreciate the people that are building incredible cars in tiny little shops without a million dollars in special tools.  You folks are just heroes, in my eyes.

With all that being said, I want to know about your builds and if you know of builds, email me with them.  If you're building a super cool traditional hot rod, or a vintage race car, fabricating car parts from scratch using bucks, hammer forms, whatever, I WANT TO KNOW ABOUT IT!  Please share them with me!

scootermcrad AT yahoo.com

With all that being said, here's some websites I check out on a regular basis throughout the day related to fabrication, specifically.  Maybe it will inspire some of you, maybe some or none of it is your thing.  Either way, this blog is about sharing stuff to simply inspire people to BUILD CARS!

All Metal Shaping -
One of my favorites!  Easy to navigate, very little drama, fantastic projects and tips from people of all skill levels.
http://www.allmetalshaping.com/

Metal Meet -
Another great and educational website.  A huge website that's easy to follow and again, amazing projects, tips and tricks from many people doing many different things with metal.
http://www.metalmeet.com/forum/index.php

Metal Shapers Org
This site has been around for quite awhile and is MASSIVE!  You can spend days and days going through this website and barely scratch the surface.  Requires a little bit of patience to navigate, but overall pretty straight-forward and worth spending time at.  Learned some great things here!
http://metalshapers.org/roundtable/index.php

There are tons more, but these are the three I like to check out on a regular basis.  Check them out.  Maybe they will help one of you with a project, or maybe they will simply inspire you to START a project.

Sorry for the long read.  Hope you guys are digging the blog and hope I've inspired at least one person to build something cool.

Thanks for reading!
S

1 comment:

Toadeus Maximus said...

You certainly inspire me to get back into the shop.

I'll take a look at the links as I'm always looking to fill in the considerable gaps in my knowledge. Wish I could just led them in some times.

Todd