Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Road Trip - Take one! The roads are still there...

My wife and I have driven across this amazing country of ours a few times.  We love road trips.  Admittedly we find ourselves in hotels and not camping on the side of the road, but we do love a drive and all the scenery and adventures to be had while driving.  It's a great way to just catch up on all our thoughts, talk about stuff that we've not had time to tell each other, or simply just shut up and open our eyes to all that's around us.  We even have a future "Road Trip Car."  A 1953 Pontiac Chieftain 2-door Sedan that will pilot us on many wonderful adventures, and maybe even pull a neat little vintage trailer behind it and hit some cool camp grounds for a relaxing night beside a camp fire with S'mores and more stories.  The point is to get out and see the world in the flesh, instead of watching it on the internet, my stupid blog, or on the television.

A buddy of mine at work, Jeff, an obvious car enthusiast, often sends me cool links and movies, and today he sent me a real doozy of a link!  If you're reading my blog, chances are you "GET IT" and will read this story posted at "Stance Works", despite what is being driven.  The story just reminded me of so many good times in old cars and so many times I've driven these great American roads of ours, either with family or even all by my lonesome...

Enjoy this story in this link --> The True Driving Experience Only Comes from Driving A Classic


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cool trip blog

A few post earlier there's a good one about a BMW powered 28 pickup that's pretty cool too!