Thursday, January 29, 2015

Why the Lack of Posting?

Here's why...

Some of you know, but most of you don't, I've made a career change.  I've had a lot of interesting Engineering jobs in my life, but my dream has been to work with 4 wheels, one way or another.  Well...  I guess I got what I wished for.  Motor Sports!!  Only thing about working in the world of racing is, it eats up a lot of extra time, but that is not a bad thing at all.  Good to do what you love.

Working on the Aerodynamics side of racing has been incredibly interesting, challenging, and certainly rewarding...

I promise I didn't forget about posting.  It's just been challenging to do so.  Here's a few pics of the action from this year.

There's a ton going on with the Modified Murray, some other hot rod stuff, and even some Porsche stuff.  I'll post as I can.  Hang with me, guys!

(edited the rat rod comment out for sensitive readers)

Cheers!
S

P.S.  I know most of my readers are not NASCAR fans, which is why I've neglect to post much about it, but if you're a car guy at all, you'll at least "get it" a little bit.  Just felt the need to explain why there has been a lack of posting.


























2014 NASCAR Champions!  Very proud moment for all of us at Stewart-Haas Racing, and an extra proud moment for a guy new to working in racing!






5 comments:

Stupid Dumb said...

Congratulations. Love your blog. I think a lot of people would be surprised by the amount of set up and aero on Nascars. To win the whole show is an amazing effort. Well done.

ScooterMcRad said...

Thank you sir! And you are correct! The prep work is insane. And the thing that's most impressive is how much every single person matters, from the person who mops the floors, the people that build the cars, the people that schedule everything and setup testing, to the driver that gets it done. Every person matters!

Anonymous said...

I'm not a big fan of rat rods either - BUT - what do you care if someone builds a rat rod, or even a friggin ham sandwich? Why are you trying to crap on someone who's doing what they enjoy?

I never understood this.

ScooterMcRad said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ScooterMcRad said...

Mr. Anonymous,
Wow. Sorry if I've offended you in some way. Seems to be a sensitive subject for you (and maybe others). Personally, I love ham sandwiches, and many other types of sandwiches. However, I really don't care for sandwiches that will give me food poisoning.

I'm all for people doing what they love. All in all, that's what this blog is about. Especially with cars. If Rat Rodz are your things, that's fine with me. It's just not what I prefer to post about.

My negative comment was directed at people who build cars that are straight up dangerous. There is no place in any hobby for people who don't take the time to build things correctly. The comment was said to help prevent someone from getting killed when one of these "sh!t boxes" folds up going down the road.

If you don't understand what I was getting at, then you're reading the wrong blog, or you haven't been reading my blog long enough to understand my position on building things correctly AND with passion.